Settlement Services

CBAL settlement services are here to help immigrants and newcomers to learn about the community and make lasting connections!

Settlement Services

Settlement services can help you and your family learn about the community as you begin your new life in Canada. A settlement worker will meet with you to help you find the resources you need to successfully settle and build connections in your new community.

CBAL provides free settlement services to:

  • Permanent residents
  • Refugees and refugee claimants
  • Temporary foreign workers
  • Provincial nominees
  • Naturalized Canadian citizens
  • International students


CBAL settlement services provide:

  • One-on-one support to help navigate local services and access information
  • Individual and family needs assessments, goal setting and referrals
  • Help with opening a bank account, finding a place to live, finding a family doctor, registering your child for school, accessing legal services, locating childcare and other things you will need in your first days
  • Help with employment and orientation to Canadian workplace culture
  • Assistance in completing forms and applications
  • Connections to social and cultural groups and referrals to community programs
  • Monthly workshops on a broad range of topics
  • Support in dealing with the transition to Canadian life and work culture
  • English language assessment as well as formal and informal training (both online and in-person)
  • Referrals to CBAL's English language programs

Message Us

Please enter your name.
Please enter a message.

What do participants say about our programs?

Cooking ESL 3
RaR 5
Staff 4

Settlement Services

"I met new friends and know more people here now in my new home.”

Settlement Services

"I like that I can meet people and get help to learn [about] this community. Thank you for helping me."

Settlement Services

"I really like the classes and the nice people at CBAL."


Settlement and language services are made possible through the funding of the Province of B.C.'s Ministry of Municipal Affairs and the Government of Canada's Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.